This project entailed the design of a 170,000 + sq. ft. tilt-wall warehouse expansion for Badcock Furniture. When completed in December, 2018, this expansion nearly doubled their existing warehouse space at their Mebane, N.C. location. Built onto the existing warehouse building, massive panels were removed along the common wall to connect the two structures. Some of the largest panels weighed in excess of 80,000 lbs and were carefully removed by crane. Substantial improvements were made to the site drainage to compensate for the massive addition.
- 170,000 square feet
- Concrete tilt-up and steel construction
- 370,000 square feet cumulative structure size
- Kalman concrete floor system
- Architect: Marlon D. Lynn
- Engineer: Alan Plants, P.E. General
- Contractor: Folsom