[su_carousel source=”media: 57,56,55,54,53,52,51,50″ width=”960″ height=”200″ title=”no” speed=”2000″]
[su_box title=”Saint Leo University Soccer Lacrosse Parking Garage” style=”glass” box_color=”#d91717″ radius=”6″]Saint Leo University Turf Stadium 33701 State Road 52 Saint Leo, FL
Brief Description of Project
This 2 level 743 parking space garage is build into the hillside adjacent to wetlands on the east side of campus adjacent to the gymnasium, baseball fields and residence halls at Saint Leo University. Project Architect was Lisa Milam while at Lunz Prebor Fowler Architects(Architect of Record). The upper (3rd level) is devoted to a 150,000 sf synthetic turf field that was designed to meet FIFA 2 star standards. The NCAA field is marked for Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse and Soccer. Adjacent to the field is a ramping system that allows for handicapped person access and large assembly movement. There is a Bleacher grandstand area that seats 236 people with a pressbox and viewing area above. Beneath this building is a concession stand, locker room and accessible toilet facility. The fields have a sound system and lighting for night games and LED scoreboards at each end of the field.
- Designed to exceed 140 MPH and be future hurricane shelter
- Fifth Stadium of this kind in the United States.
- Published in Florida/Caribbean Architect Magazine Spring 2013
- Finalist in the Precast Concrete Institute Design Awards for 2012.
- LED lighting inside garage use substantially less power and have a payback period of about 4 years.
Frank Mezzanini – firstname.lastname@example.org 352-467-0005
Owners Initial Budget: $12,000,000.00
Total Project Costs: $12,000,000.00
- 9 Owner Change Orders (DPO and to add maintenance storage area under ramp, no contractor-generated change orders)
- CM contact on Project Creative Contractors Josh M. Bomstein, LEED AP (727)461-5522
- Substantial Completion 08/07/2012